Ohio University’s Innovation Center had student start-ups and funding, but it wanted start-up experts to help students move from a business plan to an actual business. Recommended to Mark by a venture capitalist, the IC tapped into his network and expertise to help grow the student businesses.
- Counsel on an ongoing basis on all aspects of growth from customer acquisition to management issues
- Leverage contacts to grow the businesses, like a former Disney executive
- Linked entrepreneurs to CEOs in niche businesses, like mobile, or social
- Think through sales and marketing efforts
- Focus on a logical, realistic growth strategy
Provide Ohio University’s Digital Media Accelerator Program with ongoing mentoring as students business winners from Start-Up Weekend and Start-Up Showcase needed more than just funding.
“wallingerconsulting has been with us since the beginning,” said Jennifer Simon, Director of the Innovation Center. “Students need a hands-on mentor, who can connect concept to reality; bring CEOs and subject matter experts into a technology play; recognize that students are rich with ideas, but inexperienced with applying them in a commercial setting.”